When you or any near dear one meets an accident, the time becomes such that you can’t take decisions, in case of some seriousness. In such cases, having a prior knowledge about some unpredictable circumstances is a good thing to have.
In NSW, the rules and policies cover the accident and injured in certain circumstances. You can definitely get compensation for injuries in the accident. The cover is for psychological, psychiatric and physical injury.
The claim is independent of the fault of the driver. Every injured person is liable to get claim of $5000 for loss of earnings and treatment. For more details and updates you can also follow academyofroadsafety.com.au
So now the question will be, the procedure to get the claim.
- The very first thing is informing the police. It should be done in 28 days of the accident. For this always keep police event number handy.
- You need to know the other driver’s insurance company.
It is easy to get the number by calling Motor Accidents authority. You have to give them the registration number of the other car and they will give you details.
- A medical certificate from your doctor will be required.
- Within 28 days of the accident, you have to fill the accident notification form. You can get this form from NSW authority website. You are required to send this form to other driver’s insurance companies. Also you can visit onroad driving school penrith for best driving lesson in Australia.
- In case if you are not responsible for the accident and you have had major injuries causing financial loss of more than $5000, you can put the claim and you will be eligible for the compensation after the inquiry. Even if you are partially at fault, you are eligible for compensation of more than $5000.
- You are also eligible for worker’s compensation through a worker’s claim. This is applicable if you are travelling to work place or travelling from the workplace and during this travel, you meet an accident.
- There is definitely a time limit for claims of compensation above $5000. For such claims, you have to complete the procedure of making the claim within 6 months of the accident.
- For the people injured in the accidents, who are below 16, compensation policies are different. If an under 16 is injured in an accident, they are eligible for any cost above $5000. The under 16 is eligible for hospitalization, care and medical costs completely.
For this compensation claim too, the procedure needs to be completed within 6 months of the accident. The claim needs to be sent to any of the involved car in the accident.
Hope you like above information and details regarding road safety. Also visit regularly for more updates.